Zelda LegendsVisit this website
Zelda Legends was founded on February 1, 1999, by Ahmed El-Khuffash (a.k.a. Khuffie). It is one of the major Zelda communities of the early 2000s. Updates are infrequent today, but notable contributors are still active parts of the community.
The Legends of Zelda, which was founded by David Butler (a.k.a. davogones) merged into Zelda Legends merged in late 2003. The website design introduced following the merger is still in use today with only minor changes and new themes since then. The design is notable for having several different themes that users can choose between.
Zelda Legends was the community leader in providing resources for Zelda fan theorists, researchers, and archivists. It hosts the first comprehensive encyclopedia of Zelda terms. The encyclopedia is now outdated, but it predates Zelda Wiki and other similar projects.
Zelda Legends also facilitated the scanning, translation, and publication of many Japanese publications that were previously unavailable in English. These efforts notably provided canonical story details, including enemy names, to English-speaking Zelda fans for the first time.
Additional textual resources, including quote FAQS and full-game text dumps, are still frequently referenced by the community.
Zelda Legends was one of the first Zelda fan sites to host a large image gallery of official artwork. Game artwork was still mostly seen in printed media during the early 2000s. The combined efforts of the Zelda Legends community and History of Hyrule provided a large collection of official artwork to the community.
Pages of Interest
- History of Zelda Legends and The Legends of Zelda
- Image gallery
- Scans of guides, magazines, and books (including Japanese media)
- Textual resources including text dumps, quote FAQs, and translation comparison
These are notable historical copies of Zelda Legends hosted by Archive.org.
- August 15, 2000: The oldest archived copy of Zelda Legends.
- September 30, 2022: Zelda Legends Version 6.
- October 27, 2003: Zelda Legends shortly before the merge with The Legends of Zelda.
- November 18, 2003: Zelda Legends shortly after the merge with The Legends of Zelda.
- November 24, 2004: The first appearance of the current Zelda Legends logo and layout that are still in use today.
- Ahmed El-Khuffash a.k.a. Khuffie (Founder)
- David Butler a.k.a. davogones (Founder of The Legends of Zelda)
- David Johnson a.k.a. The Missing Link
- Martin Anderson a.k.a. martinDTanderson
- Matt K. a.k.a. Mak
- Max Nichols a.k.a. lord-of-shadow
Last updated: January 10, 2022